Wednesday, January 21, 2009

1996 Dutchman Pop Up Travel Trailer



It 's been a year and two weeks from the day this blog has opened, giving account of the surprise victory of Barack Obama in the Iowa caucuses. So it seemed surprising that a black could win a primary in a white-majority state, and eleven months later that same African-American was elected to the presidency of the United States.
analysis on the degree of change brought by these unforgettable 12 months they have been made many, and this is not the place. Here I just want to say how glad I followed this blog the past 12 months, and provided for As far as possible, a useful port to all those who were my own curiosity and were not satisfied with the type of information provided by the Italian media, or could not follow all the various sources overseas. The counter
Shinystat has certified more than 22.5000 visits for a total of more than 35,000 page views, but it is the same counter that in the days of the election went haywire because the visits have exceeded the limit of 600 visits per day, beyond which free counter stops. So I can assume that the visits have been more, but it does not matter, because they were still a lot more than I would have expected in January 2008. Just as I expected to write almost 600 posts, either, and sorry for the presumption of being the first in Italy to officially announce the victory of Obama (on Italian TV while trying to keep up the audience by creating a suspense that the American media had been over for hours).
Now that journey has come to an end, it seemed right to continue to keep the blog open to settlement to account for the effects and consequences of the elections, but now that the 44th President took office, it's time to close.
Thanks a must go to all readers, especially those who have revived the comments section, his friends Anthony and Gregory, who joined along the way, Mark and I quote from memory, a Democrat, m., Peter, Daniel, various anonymous and others who surely I'm forgetting.
See you in 2012 (maybe).

0 comments:

Post a Comment